The mission of the Vietnam Veteran Project is to restore dignity to the brave men and women who served in Vietnam and have been forgotten. It is well known that many veterans in need have been underserved or ignored. This is especially true of Vietnam Veterans who courageously fought for their country in a very unpopular war and were generally despised when they returned. Our goal is to provide maximum utilization of our resources to help Vietnam veterans. Our services help provide housing, counseling, VA assistance and other services to Vietnam Veterans.
We Pledge To:
- Respect the veterans we deal with.
- Respect the resources provided to us by donors and not waste money on overhead. All officers and directors are unpaid volunteers.
- Donations received through fund raising in a particular location will be used to benefit Vietnam Veterans in that local community.
- We will never sell or share any information we collect on any veteran or donor.
- We will not waste our resources sending inexpensive blankets, refrigerator magnets, note pads, calendars etc to you to try to get more donations.
- We will not hound you with expensive direct mail pieces to solicit more donations from you.
- We will not waste our resources on expensive trips, entertainment or anything wasteful.
All staff are unpaid Vietnam Veterans who care about helping other veterans.